Technique tips: Normal lenses
Choose a normal focal length lens when you want:
• To show relative subject sizes and distances (perspective) the way the
eye actually sees them.
• To take group shots, or full length pictures of individuals (Closer
individual shots may have noticeable distortion of facial features.)
• A fast lens – an f/1.4 wide angle lens is much more expensive than an
f/1.4 normal lens of equal quality.
• To use accessories such as supplementary (close up) lenses.
• To photography architecture and scenic views, except when you cannot
get far enough away to take in the entire subject.
Normal Lens Features
Focal Length of Normal Lens
Advantages of Normal Lens
Typical Use of Normal Lens